What to do when you see someone being harassed?
With aisha hauser, MSW
In this current political climate there has been an increase in hate crimes and harassment. It is upsetting and often intimidating to witness such harassment. You may have been witness and been to afraid to respond in the moment. This is completely understandable.
We will learn through role play and experiential exercises how to respond in those situations and engage in conversations in order to become inspired and empowered to act in the moment.
Sunday, November 12 from 4-6pm
Donations-based. No one turned away for lack of funds.
Sign up here.
Aisha Hauser, MSW, has been a religious educator for fourteen years. She has served in three congregations and as the director of Children and Family Programs at the Unitarian Universalist Association. She is currently the director of religious education at East Shore Unitarian Church in Bellevue, Washington.
Aisha Hauser was born in Alexandria, Egypt, and her family moved to the United States when she was a toddler, and consequently didn’t learn English until right before kindergarten. While Aisha started her professional career in the field of social work after earning a MSW from Hunter College in NYC, she quickly became involved in the religious education program in the first Unitarian Universalist congregation she attended and there found her love of religious education. Her dual role in the congregation afforded the opportunity to combine social justice work with religious education; an opportunity for to practice true “Faith in Action.” Professional accomplishments include:
- Director of Religious Education (DRE) in two different congregations on the east coast
- Urban Community Ministry Coordinator – The First Unitarian Universalist Church of Essex County in Orange, N.J
- Secretary of the Board of Trustees of the Liberal Religious Educators Association.
- Member of a UU community of ministers and religious educators of color group
- Program Director for Children and Families Division of the Unitarian Universalist Association
- Education Curriculum Author and Editor for online programs.