Are you interested in bringing a body-based approach that is rooted in anti-oppression into your mental health practice?
Are you a yoga teacher looking to dive deeper with your students and need more tools?
Do you want to feel more effective with the clients you work with?
Take an exploratory weekend to learn more about Rise Yoga Therapy.
In this training you will:
- Learn what Yoga Therapy is.
- Learn practical tools you can use right away with clients and/or students.
- Study yoga philosophy to understand some of the depth of the Yoga tradition.
- Learn from an anti-oppression lens about the liberating philosophies of both Yoga and social justice.
- Practice Yoga each day to integrate and embody what you are learning
- Meditate each day to practice and embody mindfulness.
- Watch a yoga therapist “in action.”
- Learn from case studies how Yoga Therapy can look with people dealing with a variety of challenges.
After this training you will be able to:
- Articulate what Yoga Therapy is.
- Apply tools that work with the physical body, breath, mind and spirit right away.
- Understand the connection between Yoga and social justice.
- Understand the basics of Yoga philosophy.
Who is this training for?
- Mental Health Therapists
- Yoga Teachers
- Personal Trainers
- Physical Therapists
- Anyone curious about using yoga as a healing modality!
- Early-bird registration: $297 (paid 3 weeks in advance)
- Regular registration: $347
Reduced cost registration, as needed, is available to folks not widely represented in the mainstream Seattle Yoga Therapy community (People of color, trans and gender-non conforming folks especially encouraged to apply). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
LMHC, LICSW, LMFT, Naturopaths and PTs
$25 fee for CE certificate
Pay for CE certificate here.