In March 2020, Rainier Beach Yoga will offer a free, online Lovingkindness practice as well as a 4-week series.
Metta, or lovingkindness, is a meditation the Buddha offered to people when they were afraid. It is a practice of inviting in safety, happiness, health and peace into our lives and the lives of others.
Lovingkindness can decreases migraines, chronic pain, PTSD sypmtoms, self-criticism and bias towards others. It can increase social connection, vagal tone, compassion, empathy and emotional regulation.
Go here to listen to the free class shared on March 19.
Lovingkindness 4-Week Series- Begins March 26
Are you looking for ways to support yourself and others?
Do you want resources to deal with fear and anxiety?
Are you looking to start or restart you meditation practice?
This series will support your mind, body and heart navigate this moment with compassion, tenderness and presence.
In this series you will
- learn tools to ease fear and overwhelm
- begin or reconnect to a meditation practice you can do anywhere
- be with others to feel a sense of community and connection
- foster tools of compassion and kindness to offer to yourself and others
- create your own unique phrases of lovingkindness in order to connect more deeply to the practice
REGISTER to join us for the 4-week series beginning March 26, 2020 from 10-11am, offered online.
This series is pay what you can. You can offer payment through PayPal at email@example.com or Venmo at Rainier Beach Yoga.