WITH RW ALVES AND LAURA HUMPF
Do you want to understand how to work with clients overwhelmed by talking?
Are you interested in how trauma and resiliency relate to racism, sexism, classism and other systems of dehumanization?
Every being has experienced trauma in their life, and every being has inherent resiliency. Trauma can happen in a variety of ways and affects each person uniquely. Come learn tools to honor the inherent wisdom of trauma responses as well as support you and your clients to anchor and find flexibility and adaptability.
This is not your average CEU course where you will be sitting in chairs listening to someone lecture at you. This is a highly experiential and embodied course where you will leave with tools you can use personally as well as professionally. You will also receive individualized attention with what is arising for you as well as with clients on your caseload.
Hi, my name is Laura and I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Certified Yoga Therapist. I am passionate about yoga therapy because I have witnessed the profound effects of working with the body, breath, mind and spirit can do. I have witnessed clients increase their body awareness and panic attacks disappear, use their breath to stay present in difficult conversations with family members, utilize meditation to regulate their nervous system and so much more.
Hi, I’m RW and I am passionate about exploring and unearthing the interconnections and interweavings between social injustice, trauma, social justice, and resilience, and I believe deeply in the power of practice to ground, sustain, align, and inspire us in our important and world-changing work.
The benefits of working beyond the analytical mind are vast, and this immersion will support you and the clients you work with find connection, wholeness and healing through body, breath, mind and heart-based tools.
In this 2-day immersion you will learn:
- How to work with movement, breath and meditation to release trauma symptoms and cultivate resilience
- How to work with cases where you feel stuck and gain confidence and insight
- Tools to soothe the nervous system
- What trauma is and some of the different ways it can manifest (i.e. complex, acute, intergenerational, collective, etc.)
- What resilience is and what it is not
- The importance of consent and boundaries when working with trauma
- How to be with your own trauma history when activated in session
- Signs and symptoms of dissociation and how to work with them
- How to uniquely tailor tools to individual clients
This course is for yoga therapists, mental health therapists and yoga teachers interested in learning more about how to holistically approach trauma and resilience.
October 5 and 6, 2019
10-5:30 both days
Early-bird: $349 paid by September 21
12 CEUs available for Yoga Therapists, LMHC, LICSW, LMFT, Naturopaths and PTs
Refunds of 80% up to seven days prior to workshop. No refunds allowable after that time, but you can transfer your ticket.