Do you want to learn how to work with the nervous system to support resiliency?
Are you interested in how trauma and resiliency relate to systems of unearned power and oppression?
Every being has experienced trauma in their life, and every being has inherent resiliency. Trauma can happen in a variety of ways and affects each person uniquely. Come learn tools to honor the inherent wisdom of trauma responses as well as support people anchor and find flexibility and adaptability.
In this 12- hour training you will:
- Learn what trauma is and some of the different ways it can manifest
- Learn what resilience is and what it is not
- Practice and learn resilience and trauma-informed tools
- Learn how systems of unearned power and oppression relate to trauma and resilience
- Learn the importance of consent and boundaries when working with trauma
- Work with movement, breath and meditation to release trauma symptoms and cultivate resilience
- Practice and learn tools to soothe the nervous system
- Learn how to be with the yoga therapist’s trauma history when activated in session
- Learn signs and symptoms of dissociation and how to work with them
- Learn how to uniquely tailor tools to individual clients
- Have opportunities to share case studies
This course is for yoga therapists and mental health therapists interested in learning more about how to holistically approach trauma and resilience.
Saturday, March 30 and Sunday, March 31
11-6:30 both days