with Christina Malecka
Saturday, June 29
Those of us engaged in social change and healing are especially challenged to find ways to use technology and social media for organizing, networking and marketing while also striving for tech-life balance.
We are aware that tech companies, armed with data from millions of people, know far more about our attention spans than we do, and they’re using that data to keep us addicted to their products. We see our clients and patients struggle with social media and digital overwhelm, and our comrades in social justice circles burn out from stress that is exacerbated by the need to be constantly connected.
It’s easy to feel powerless in the face of a digitized culture where so much of our communication is routed through machines – but we CAN find balance and defy Mark Zuckerberg and his ilk!
Join Christina for a day-long retreat to:
- Learn how mindfulness is the opposite of distraction – and the key to a healthier relationship with technology
- Nurture yourself with deep meditation, interactive exercises and guided reflection to help you develop a more mindful relationship with technology
- Connect other activists and healers and brainstorm strategies for more embodied uses of social media and technology
- Prioritize and center what brings you true joy and satisfaction
- Break Free from the social media hamster wheel and reclaim that time for what
really matters to you
- Set Intentions and goals to stay electronically connected on your own terms and unchain yourself from digital compulsion and over-use
Saturday, April 27, 2019
This is a pay-what-you-can event and no one will be turned away from registering until we reach capacity for the space. Please decide what you can pay on a scale of $300 to $0. If you have the means, consider paying in the higher range to subsize someone less able to pay the full price
All proceeds from this event will go directly to scholarships to make my weekend retreats more accessible.
Contact Christina Malecka at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHRISTINA MALECKA is the creator, facilitator and instigator at Unplug Reconnect Restore: Digital Mindfulness Retreats and Workshops. A community organizer turned Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Christina brings over 25 years of experience with change-making, group facilitation, mindfulness training and workshop development. She loves creating nurturing experiences and holding space for people, and was inspired to create her Digital Mindfulness Retreats after her own profound experience with digital detox and re-set.